Sunday 27 July 2014

Summer Break Thoughts

I'm about to get down and dirty with year three...reading lists, literature review of my dissertation, and getting in touch with lecturers over the learning outcomes from the units I have to choose from.

I understand that there are optional units in this my final year, and I already know which ones I am interested in, but after a brief conversation with a fellow students, I thought about how I want my CV to look in a years' time...what field I am looking at? I confess I am terrified of doing a sociology only unit, because I have found the assignments mind-boggling, but if I wanted to embark on a global scale, say the United Nations, then they would probably be looking for something like that. I think it would be helpful to know what I will get out of it (learning outcomes) as opposed to just what I'm vaguely interested in.

Those finishing their third years this year, thank you - as I am well and truly terrified!  So much work, so little time. So much to be done, so much panic! However in speaking to a few lecturers they have encouraged me that for the well organised, and those who think ahead, in can in fact be easier than second year! I have yet to prove that but it has inspired me to work harder now rather than the new academic year hits.

And if all else fails...at least I will live longer due to having a purpose to strive for in my life. See new study's find at this link...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-27393057

No comments:

Post a Comment