Friday 8 August 2014

The Last One


My my hasn't this year gone quick. Only yesterday it seems I happened to see the internships advertised by the UoB and thought I'd look into it. Ten months later and it's all coming to an end. Just another adventure of mine that I've encountered and tackled, and one of many I hope.

So, earlier this year I counted down the highlights of 2013 which included my academic year 1, so I suspect it suitable to count those of year 2. Here goes...

10: Year 2 completion! 4 units, 11 assignments: 3 essays, 5 reports, 1 proposal, 1 mock conference and a wiki article.

9: Completed a periodical blog through the UoB Blogging Internships (thanks for the opportunity guys - you've been great!) with this making my 40th post!

8: Made my first application for funding for a community project (my CAS Conference 2014) which was approved by out very own UoB StEPS programme.

7: Co-wrote my first wiki article on The United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child.

6: Attended an two-day introductory course in Life Coaching which I hope will compliment my professional service.

5: Recieved an appreciation award for Course Representative for my signposting and advocacy. 

4: Documented my 1 year Personal Development Plan (PDP) which I have already crossed over a third off from.

3: Organised a degree wide networking and presentation event for the Child and Adoloescent Society.

2: Was put under more responsibility at work and offered a promotion which I hope to take up this coming year.

1: Applied for and was accepted into the Peer Assisted Leaders (PAL) team - my next adventure - maybe I will meet you there!


*

So I guess this is where I sign off! Thank you all for listening and if you want to get in touch for any reason please leave a comment or two. :)

And good luck in whatever you choose to do in the university of life. Don't give up in your vision! Make it work for you and enjoy the learning experience!


2 comments:

  1. Well done indeed Anna, you've written with insight and enthusiasm.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Alan! I haven't forgotten your offer btw! I have some rough drafts but will have to contact you after my wedding now. Sorry!

      Delete