Tuesday 31 December 2013

Happy New Year!



In tradition of a New Year countdown, in order of awesomeness are 13 firsts from 2013. You’ll probably have a few questions that I will expand on these in the coming year.

Number 13: Finished academic year of university, something I doubted I could ever do – many thanks to my lecturers and partner for believing in me.

12: Wrote my first essay plan that I then wrote from in class.

11. Wrote my first 2,000-word report.

10: And my first 2,500 word essay.

9: Took part in my first mock case conference in the human services – terrifying but liberating.

8: Attended my first Portfolio Executive Committee (PEC) Meeting as Course Representative for my year group (more on this coming soon).

7: My first research project from secondary research - the research was already done and I applied my own research questions and reported on the findings. Lots of fun!

6: Took part in my first charity event with my society, such a good feeling of spending my time well and for others.

5: Learnt some of my first Mandarin words and phrases – “chigga chigga!”

4: Graduated from the University’s B-Innovate 12 week Business Course.

3: Organised my first social event, thanks to the inspiration of my course society.

2: Although not university orientated, my partner and I founded our own business in July and it has been growing since. This learning curve has boosted my confidence and flexibility in so many ways.

1: Visited Beijing, China, on the Student Exchange Summer Program. Definitely a coolio!


Happy New Year! – Here is to you following your dreams wherever they lead and living and learning to the full in the 365 days to come! x



No comments:

Post a Comment